Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Of rain and love songs

Mojofly’s Tumatakbo seems appropriate to be my life’s theme song for the moment. While most of my batchmates are busy getting married, building families and having children, I am stuck in my own crazy little world called Med School.

Don’t get me wrong, I love where I am now, and I won’t trade it for anything. Maybe I’m just curious, curious about how love works. Believe me or not, but in my 22 years of existence, I have never been inlove and never been in an intimate relationship.  From the books I’ve read and the movies I’ve watched, falling inlove seems to be an easy task. And from what I have observed, all that needs to be done is get to know that other person, find shared interests, exchange flirtations then voila!

What in the formula have I been doing wrong then? You’d probably say that I’m being choosy or I’m probably setting a little too high of a standard, but I’m not. It’s just that, I haven’t really felt it. Or have I? I don’t know. How does it feel to fall inlove anyway? Are the slow motions real? How about the “magical silence” and the “fast forward”? How do you know that that moment is already falling in love? Will you actually even know?


Too many questions. And I doubt I will be getting answers anytime sooner.  I should probably just go back to reading Snell and Guyton. Besides, I don’t think I will be having extra time to go searching for someone to fall inlove with anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment